Re-affirmation of marriage vow ceremonies
A Re-affirmation Ceremony
A Re-affirmation Ceremony is a very special way to enhance your celebrations for
your special anniversary or to get your family and friends together to share
with you your commitment to your marriage and each other. Your own personally
designed ceremony presented by our experienced celebrant will make the occasion
really a day to remember.
A Re-affirmation ceremony is:
- For married couples who wish to celebrate renewing their marriage vows in
a unique and personal ceremony.
- Often associated with a special wedding anniversary
- Appropriate for couples at any stage of marriage who wish to celebrate
their renewed commitment to each other.
- Often used by couples who married abroad to introduce their marriage to
their larger circle of family and friends now they have returned home.
Things you should know about our re-affirmation of marriage vows ceremonies:
- A ceremony can be held at any time after the marriage from a few days or
weeks to many, many years of sharing married life. Special anniversaries are
popular as are ceremonies for couples who married abroad and now want to
share their public commitment to each other in a ceremony.
- The ceremony will last about 20 minutes - a little longer or a little less
depending on your choices.
- To design your unique and personal occasion we will arrange an appointment
for you to meet a celebrant. We will then build around the particular
choices you make to make a ceremony for your special occasion.
- We offer ceremonies on most days at most times. For ceremonies at venues
you should talk to the managers about suitable times and dates then ring us
for the availability of a celebrant.
- You will receive a special certificate commemorating the ceremony. There
is a choice of certificate styles and you may purchase extra certificates
for a small fee - they make a lovely momento of the day.
- The ceremony has no legal status, the commemorative certificate cannot be
used for identity purposes and your marriage certificate must be produced
when the ceremony is arranged.
- Any couple legally married to each other can hold a re-affirmation of vows
- Fees range from $300.00 depending on date and place.
- If you wish to hold a religious blessing for the marriage you should
contact your religious community or speak to our Celebrant who is also an
ordained minister. Ceremonies here must remain entirely secular.
Your ceremony guide
Led by our experienced celebrant and built around the choices you make we
hope we will be part of a memorable day celebrating and re- affirming your
At the heart of the ceremony will be your wish to re-affirm your marriage vows
to each other. You will be able to put down fresh markers and re-state your vows
and intentions. You have made a commitment to a common vision of the future - a
future of being together through life.
There is also that special choice that you have made to make your new vows to
each other publicly with your circle of friends and family - those with whom you
are choosing to celebrate one of life's special moments and those you turn to in
times of need. It may be your choice to acknowledge your thanks to them, or
special members of your family, or your children or parents for all the support
they provide in your marriage.
We will always encourage you to make some choices and get others (and
yourselves) involved in part of the ceremony. We have a collection of readings
as well as vows and you can have music and take photographs and video.
Most couples choose to have rings included in the ceremony - you can either
re-dedicate the rings from your marriage ceremony or have new rings. The rings
can be presented - by the best man from your original marriage ceremony - or a
new friend or child - who ever you want to include. You may prefer to give a
token of the re-affirmation you are making.
Whatever choices you make we feel sure that it will enhance your enjoyment of
the day, and many to come.